Monday, July 22, 2013

Canary aims to make home security simple and smart

I am  not sure how I feel about having a home security system installed in my home, that could be viewed from my cell phone but this is looking like its the new thing.

Canary recently started developing the home security system/device that you could obtain for only $199.  It can work with your smart phone too!

Apparently Canary is launching a campaign to raise $100,000 so that the first shipment of home security could be delivered by May 2014.

I know I have seen the app for iPhones for monitoring your baby, but I'm still on the fence about having a camera set up in your home.

The device is 6 inches tall and 3 inches wide and includes an HD video camera.  It has a wide lens, night vision, and multiple sensors for "tracking motion, vibration, sound, temperature, humidity, and air quality".  It can also send you alerts and notifications.

Can you imagine staying a friends house for the weekend, possibly sleeping on the couch and constantly getting monitored without knowing it?  I understand if you want to monitor your baby sleeping, but I think this may have gone too far.

This reminds me of "Meet the Parents" where the dad is constantly monitoring Greg!

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-57594843-83/canary-aims-to-make-home-security-simple-and-smart/

No comments:

Post a Comment