Monday, June 24, 2013

Facebook bug exposed contact info of 6M users

Well this is a good article for me to read because I have facebook but didn't realize that a bug has affected 6 million users on facebook!  That's alot of users.  You have the option to put your email and sometimes your phone number is automatically populated off of your IPhone when its synced up to your facebook account.  Apparently the "Download Your Information" tool was exposing some peoples contact information that wasn't suppose to be shown.  For example if you downloaded your data, then some of your friends information that you weren't suppose to be privy to, was downloaded as well.  I sure hope I wasn't affected by this bug, and its a little worrisome that I never received notification of this security incident.  Supposedly if you were affected then you would receive an email letting you know you were affected and your contact information could be shared.  The article says that this isn't a real privacy concern because peoples contact information that was shared was to parties that already had your information anyways.





http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57590528-93/facebook-bug-exposed-contact-info-of-6m-users/

No comments:

Post a Comment